On July 28, the Lviv IT Cluster will present the results of the IT Research Resilience study: Impact of the war on Ukraine’s IT industry growth. The research aims to extensively analyze the changes in Ukraine’s tech industry after February 24 and look over the IT sector development and transformation after the victory of Ukraine.
As a result of the russian full-scale invasion, about 70-80% of the Ukrainian IT industry representatives were forced to move from dangerous areas to the western regions of Ukraine. So, the survey was conducted in these regions: Lviv, Ternopil, Chernivtsi, Ivano-Frankivsk, Zakarpattia, Volyn, and Rivne. The research covers essential topics such as:
- how the war is changing the landscape of the IT market and where new tech hubs could potentially appear in Ukraine;
- representative data on migration attitudes and plans of IT workers, taking into account several possible scenarios for the end of the war: whether they will stay in Ukraine, whether they are ready to return to their cities or are preparing to go abroad;
- socio-demographic profile of professionals, which, among other things, will allow us to trace how the war affected income levels;
- how the structure of companies in terms of human capital was transformed during the war;
- changes that have taken place in the labor market since February 24 and what awaits it in the future;
- temporary economic effect in the regions where IT specialists moved during the war.
IT Research Resilience was conducted according to a six-year verified methodology adapted for wartime. Futurists, analysts, and economists were involved in the study. Based on the results of IT Research Resilience, this team has prepared an analytical forecast for Ukraine’s IT industry, taking into account various scenarios of events.
The Lviv IT Cluster invites media representatives to the presentation of the results of IT Research Resilience: Impact of the war on Ukraine’s IT industry growth, which will take place on July 28. If you present media and want to visit the event, please register by July 24, 6:00 p.m. You can get accredited by following the link.
The presentation will attend the representatives of the Ministry of Digital Transformation, IT clusters from different regions of Ukraine, IT industry leaders, and city authorities of Lviv and the region.
The IT Research Resilience project is supported by the USAID Competitive Economy of Ukraine Program and the Western NIS Enterprise Fund.
IT Research Resilience is a project of the Lviv IT Cluster. It was transformed from the IT Research Ukraine project, which the Cluster announced in early 2022. Research has adapted to new realities due to Russia’s full-scale offensive. IT Cluster partnered with the Ministry of Digital Transformation, USAID’s Competitive Economy of Ukraine, and Western NIS Enterprise Fund. All partnerships are valid during the implementation of the IT Research Resilience project.